Radon can’t be detected without testing. This puts you and your family in a very dangerous situation, because the effects of radon exposure can be severe.
Columbus Ohio Radon Mitigation wants to help you protect what’s most important: your family’s health! Healthy lungs aren’t something you can get back after they have been damaged.
Radon is as dangerous to your lung health as smoking, according to statistics. Taking action sooner rather than later is the best thing you can do to avoid an irreversible condition.
You’ll never know that radon is in your home unless you have it tested because radon gas has no odor, no color, and no taste.
However, its effects can be felt within a few months or as long as 25 years after exposure.
Radon is a radioactive gas, so when it is breathed in, it emits radiation that can damage cells. It takes 44 years for 75% of inhaled radon to become harmless. That still leaves 25% that can affect your health even after that.
Radon is a dense gas that tends to settle in the lowest available space, so those who sleep or spend a lot of time on the lowest levels of your home (first floor or basement) may present symptoms while others in your home remain unaffected.
Columbus Ohio Radon Mitigation has spoken with countless homeowners who express deep regret for not having their homes tested sooner, and we definitely don’t want you to be one of them!
Radon Gas Symptoms
The effects or radon gas exposure are all respiratory related as far as modern research can determine. That fact does narrow down the diagnoses of chronic health issues, but on the down side, these problems can be irreversible, not to mention that some of them can take years to develop, making it even harder to determine their cause.
The most common radon gas symptoms are as follows:
When symptoms worsen, a person exposed to radon gas may develop the inability to control their cough, begin coughing up blood, or develop frequent respiratory infections. These more severe symptoms may lead you to the doctor’s office where they can be treated, but it is very difficult for a doctor to determine that radon gas is to blame for a broad symptom such as coughing or shortness of breath.
The most concerning symptom of radon exposure is lung cancer. Radon poisoning is responsible for thousands of deaths each year, second only to smoking. And in many cases, the risk factor of exposure could have been lowered drastically with radon testing and mitigation services.
Trust Columbus Ohio Radon Mitigation to provide these services for you at any frequency that fits your needs. We’re here to help Columbus homeowners!